Thursday, November 11, 2010

A Win for Dakta Green

As you know, I'm a big advocate of Marijuana Law Reform in New Zealand for a variety of reasons.

While I'm very pleased to see that Police once again turned a blind eye, as it were, to around 50 protesters lighting up joints and pipes on the grounds of Parliament in protest, it also rubs me the wrong way. Via their actions, the police are basically acknowledging the harmlessness of the herb and the majority of it's enjoyers.

It just really pisses me off that people aren't doing anything wrong in the eyes of the law by toking away on the grounds of parliament, but they are if they enjoy a quiet weekend smoke in the privacy of their own home.

Enough with the hypocrisy - and by that I don't mean arrest the protesters.

No comments:

Post a Comment